Nov 25, 2009

Be thankful everyday, this week is no different....

I am thankful everyday for the things I have been blessed with:
Husband: I am so very thankful for my husband, he is my world. I would not be the wife I am today without his help. Everyone grows up differently and has different beliefs on what a family should be. Together, we overcame obstacles and learned how to build what works for our family. We will be celebrating our 8th anniversary in 3 months and I look forward to 50 more!
Children: My life pretty much revolves around my children. If they are sick, I am there to hold them. If they are sad, I am there to try and make them smile. If they need discipline, I am there for time outs or to take special things away with hopes one day they will understand why. I am thankful to have 3 beautiful & healthy children.
Parents: I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for my mother. She raised me to be an independent woman. I have been an independent and responsible adult on my own since I was 17. I could not have done it without the guidance from her. I am also thankful for my dad. Even though I spend part of my childhood without him, I have been reunited with him and it feels great to share love with both parents. Also, I don't want to forget my in-laws. They have welcomed me into their family with open arms. They have been there for us many times when needed and for that and their unconditional love, I am thankful.
Job: I have currently been employed with Swift for 10 1/2 years. I am thankful that my work ethic has always been where it should and paid off. My job has allowed me to be here for my family when needed and continue to have a job. I am thankful for my paycheck!
Extended Family: We are blessed to have wonderful sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandma, grandpa, cousins etc. Every ones love, thoughts, and prayers are always there when we need them.
Friends: Last but not least, we have great friends. You can always depend on your true friends to be there when you need them. We have had some rough times and some special times this year and have come to realize who our true friends are - the ones we know we can call no matter when, where, or what time and they are there for us.
Thank you God for all my blessings. Some times things are taken for Granted and we do not take the time needed to stop and count our blessings. This is indeed the time of year that everyone seems to be overwhelmed with thanks, however, we should be thankful for what we have all year - this week is no different, it just proposes us to say them out loud. I promise to try harder going forth to speak out my thanks and count my blessings and not take anything for granted.
I am thankful for my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment