Nov 24, 2009
Hobbies or Addictions?
So I have some things that I feel I have to do at least every other day if not daily...What determines if something is a Hobby or an Addiction? If they are fun and excite me - you would think they would be Hobbies of mine? However, I hear drugs and drinking are fun and exciting to some people but those are considered Addictions, right? Does a Hobby have to be something you make or something you physically do like a sport? Or is something you make just a craft and a sport just a sport? Mmm that is the question....
Here are the definitions of the two -
Hobby: an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation
Addiction: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice
The activities that I do for pleasure and relaxation, and in my mind are very habit forming as I feel I have to do some of them daily, every other day, or at least every 3 days are Facebook, Farmville, and Blogging. I don't watch much TV so maybe these have taken the place of tv? Either way, I feel happy about these as I get to share my thoughts and feelings and even get to farm a little on the side while doing it! I have several other things I am interested in at the moment, however, I do not feel as tied to them nor do I have to participate weekly. Maybe I will write about all of my interest in blogging to come. As far as I am concerned these are considered a few of my current interest, not necessarily hobbies or addictions :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment